The purpose of email discussions is to share information about medicines and practice in NSW public hospitals. NSW TAG members are encouraged to respond to email discussion requests for information. However it should be noted that information is only a current snapshot at the time the response is sent. The responses received are only representative of the hospitals participating in the discussion at the time (which may be small depending on the topic) and do not indicate a complete picture of current practices. It is recommended that email discussion topics are regularly brought to the attention of DTC meetings as they are likely to facilitate discussion of contemporary and emerging medicines and practice.
Completed email discussions can be found here.
Access to completed email discussions is only available to NSW TAG members. Please note, members should not share or pass on identifiable information to non-NSW TAG members. Non-NSW TAG members who are interested in an email discussion topic may obtain de-identified email discussions by contacting NSW TAG at firstname.lastname@example.org
A list of the current open email discussions is shown below.
nil currently open
Recently Completed Email Discussions
- Governance of chemotherapy dosing protocols
- Pharmacist prescribing in hospitals
- Active ingredient prescribing
- State-wide standing order for patient’s own adrenaline autoinjector in hospital
- For DTC consideration: Listing of last line antimicrobials on the Life Saving Drug Register
- TGA development of a new standard for 2D DataMatrix codes for medicines
- The handling of sedating medicines in Emergency Departments
Click here to access the completed email discussions page.