The purpose of email discussions is to share information about medicines and practice in NSW public hospitals. NSW TAG members are encouraged to respond to email discussion requests for information. However, it should be noted that information is only a current snapshot at the time the response is sent. The responses received are only representative of the hospitals participating in the discussion at the time (which may be small depending on the topic) and do not indicate a complete picture of current practices. It is recommended that email discussion topics are regularly brought to the attention of DTC meetings as they are likely to facilitate discussion of contemporary and emerging medicines and practice.
Open email discussions
Please provide email discussion responses to NSW TAG
Oral paediatric phenobarbitone & diazepam products
A member has requested information regarding:
- What oral paediatric phenobarbitone and diazepam products are being used, in particular those for neonates, and noting concerns about ethanol content?
- Other comments welcome
Responses by COB Friday 5th of February 2021 to NSW TAG would be much appreciated.
Please note: A previous NSW TAG email discussion was conducted in 2019 about dexamethasone oral solution and it includes some responses about ethanol in paediatric formulations of several other products (available upon request).
Completed email discussions can be found here (members only).
Access to completed email discussions is only available to NSW TAG members. Please note, members should not share or pass on identifiable information to non-NSW TAG members. Non-NSW TAG members who are interested in an email discussion topic may obtain de-identified email discussions by contacting NSW TAG at firstname.lastname@example.org
A list of the recently completed email discussions is shown below.
Recently Completed Email Discussions
- Familiarity with use of NSMC during downtime
- Life Saving Drug Register (LSDR) feedback
- Use of aromatherapy in active labour
- Use of brentuximab
- Formulary Status of IR Tapentadol
- Acquisition and Use of IM Clozapine
- High rate of rituximab ADRs in dermatology patients?
- Medication errors due to confusing labelling on SAS or ex-SAS products
- Use of depot antipsychotics in severe, treatment resistant anorexia nervosa
- Use of Uridine Triacetate (Vistogard™)
- Third party Medicines Access Programs
- Use of biosimilar trastuzumab
- Problematic access to previously registered medicines
Click here to access the email discussions running list of topics (last updated 10/12/2020).
Click here to access the completed email discussions page (members only).
Page last updated 22 January 2021