A primary role of NSW TAG is to support the work of Drug and Therapeutics Committees in NSW public hospitals and Local Health Districts. It does this by identifying issues of common concern, facilitating the sharing of resources and expertise and addressing the problems these DTCs face using a collaborative approach.
NSW TAG has developed a number of resources for hospitals to use to achieve quality use of medicines. Guidance and forms regarding evaluation of applications to DTCs, compliance with NSW Health policy, off label medicines use and the governance and conduct of Medicine Access Programs have been developed.
For more information, please visit the following pages:
- DTC Related Health Policies
- Medicine Access Programs
- Off-label Use of Medicines
- Evaluating New Drugs and Medication Related Documents
- DTC Decision Making Registers
- DTC Correspondence
- Pharmaceutical Company Payments Database
- Cannabis Medicine Resources
- Guidance for promoting sleep and reducing harm from inappropriate pharmacologic management of sleep disturbance and insomnia in hospitalised patients
- Transitioning Young People on Complex or High Cost Medicines from Paediatric to Adult Care Services: Guiding Principles & Supporting Resources – COMING SOON
- Guidance and Review documents