On this page you will find resources and implementation tools to promote good sleep and reduce harm from inappropriate pharmacologic management of sleep disturbance and insomnia in hospitalised patients.
Guidance, resources and implementation tools
Full Guidance Document (including scenarios)
- Pathways for managing sleep disturbance/insomnia in: 1. treatment naive patients and 2. in patients recently taking medicines for night sedation
- Managing sleep checklist
- System-wide non-pharmacological strategies for sleep disturbance/insomnia in hospitalised patients
- Quick guide question and answer tool about medicines for sleep
- Patient/consumer information booklet: Sleeping well in hospital
- Useful sleep resources for healthcare professionals and patients/carers
- Patient consent form to the use of benzodiazepines for night sedation
- Streamlined Individual Patient Usage (IPU) application form for use of benzodiazepines for night sedation
- and more…
Whilst the information contained in the documents on this website have been presented with all due care, NSW TAG does not warrant or represent that the information is free from errors or omission. Changes in circumstances after publication may impact on the accuracy of the information. The information provided should not be regarded as a substitute for detailed expert advice in individual cases. To the fullest extent permitted by law, NSW TAG disclaims all liability for any loss, damage, or injury resulting from reliance on, or use of the information contained in these publications.
Page last updated 5th may 2021